Legal and Compliance Officer at UK-DION Investment Limited
Legal and Compliance Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Lagos
- City: Lekki
- Job Field: Law / Legal
- Deadline: Oct 5, 2021
Location: Lekki, Lagos
The organisation is seeking to hire an apt and dynamic candidate who will function as the Legal and Compliance Officer and will amongst other things be responsible for the reviewing and advising on all relevant statutory laws, regulations, agreements and contracts applicable to the organisation and ensure compliance.
- Create, implement, administer, review and enforce policies, procedures and laws required for the organisation to operate in accordance with the laws and regulations and ensure compliance with these;
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs;
- Continual compliance risk assessment of the organisations practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols;
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations;
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise management accordingly;
- Liaise with third parties, together with the company’s management, that wish to understand the company’s control environment, compliance policies and procedures;
- Provide reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments;
- Develop compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due;
- Inform the Internal Audit unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation;
- Ensuring compliance with best practices; and
- Carry out review of SLA Manuals to ensure applicable regulatory laws are incorporated.
- Liaise with auditors, external lawyers, tax advisers, bankers and shareholders;
- Liaison with all the subsidiaries within the Company’s Group, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies;
- Developing and overseeing that the company meets its compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities;
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of simple and complex agreements in all business contracts and agreements;
- Educate employees and volunteers on not only the legal requirements but also the impact on the organisation if these aren’t complied with;
- Acting as Complaints Handling Officer for all complaints made against the organisation, its members and/or its staff;
- Responsible for providing legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation; and
- Review all documentation that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
- This list is not exhaustive, and any other reasonable tasks/duties directed by the Head, Legal and Compliance will form part of this job description.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- LL.M (an added advantage).
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with at least 3 years compliance experience preferably within the financial services industry. Asset Management and Microfinance Bank experience preferable.
- Basic IT knowledge.
- High level of determination and tenacity.
- Good understanding of Compliance activities in Financial Services.
- Experience of developing and managing compliance monitoring programmes.
- Articulate, effective communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally (lawyers, regulators, auditors) at all levels.
- Fully conversant with SEC, NSE, CAC, NFIU, CBN, and other regulatory Directives and Guidelines.
- The position applied for and location should be the subject of the email.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.