Legal Manager at Jumia Nigeria
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience7 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Law / Legal
- Deadline: Not specified
- As Legal Manager, your responsibility would be to support the Head of Legal and Corporate Governance in giving legal advice to management on all relevant issues and to ensure that the company adheres strictly to all laws and guidelines with the sole aim of protecting the company’s reputation.
- Proffer advice on legal and regulatory topics across the full range of transactions, particularly providing support to Jumia Services.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Review, draft and negotiate various commercial agreements.
- Liaise with various regulatory bodies in getting necessary regulatory approvals.
- Liaise with external legal counsel in managing various litigation.
- Identify and mitigate potential legal risks.
- Liaise with various Law enforcement agencies including Nigeria Police, EFCC, DSS, Nigeria Customs, etc.
- Keep track of all Insurance cases and liaise with Insurance companies to in the settlement of insurance claims.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines
Qualification & Experience
- LLB from a recognised and accredited University
- 7+ years’ legal experience in a top law firm or corporate practice.
- Mix of professional experience as in-house legal counsel in a technology related business and legal counsel in a top tier law firm with international clients or other relevant private or public practice.
- Proven ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- Litigation skills to handle administrative procedures within public authorities.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Adequate knowledge of the Ecommerce/technology Industry
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced organisation
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply